CAGA Committee Involvement
Coating and Graphic Arts committees generate a great deal of content for our conferences; from panel sessions to invited speakers, to short courses. We need new people to get involved in leadership to assure the future of our committees.
Coating Fundamentals Committee Member
- Assemble with like-minded scientists and engineers around subjects that are the scientific base for what happens in the industry: modeling, flow, coating structure, mechanisms, rheology, etc. This committee plans the biannual Coating Fundamentals Symposium; a forum for discussion of the above topics that is the leading global event of its type.
Coating Materials Committee Member
- If you have an interest in the vast array of pigments, binders, and additives that go into paper coating formulations, you might be interested in this committee. Coating materials keeps the TAPPI literature on ingredients current. It also plans and executes short courses on paper coating.
Coating Operations Committee Member
- If you’re a person whose interest is on the machinery side of the business: paper machines, coaters, coating prep systems, and finishing, this would be a great committee with which to be involved. They plan sessions at TAPPICon around practical uses of equipment in the marketplace.
Printing and Converting Committee Member
- This committee leads the effort toward an understanding of the conversion of paper and paperboard into products customers use. They provide content to our conferences in two ways; special sessions within the conference and short course training in printing technology.
Technical Program Committee (TPC) Member
- This is a group of experts from across the Division who plan and execute the technical program for TAPPICon. Industry experience is required. However, the Committee prides itself on having a wide diversity of views and on giving the next generation of scientists opportunities to learn and lead
The main duties of the TPC are to:
- Solicit technical content for the conference
- Review manuscript submissions for scientific rigor
- Design conference sessions around hot topic themes
- Take leadership roles in the actual conference; as session chairs, short course trainers, or interact with speakers to assure excellent Conference content
Fun Run Committee Member
- A “fun” planning committee that does a lot of good for scholarships and the division award. This is a nice starting point for someone who wants to get involved but isn’t necessarily technical
Other Participation Opportunities
Conference Presenter or Participant
- CAGA is always looking for knowledgeable speakers for various sessions. If a person has some expertise in a given area and can talk about it, we’d be interested to talk to them.
Local Section Participant
- TAPPI’s local sections are technology lifeblood within the various regions across the country. An infusion of new people into those organizations would help the process. Sign up and ask how you can get involved!
- This is an area where we can always use help; either by getting input or by leading the charge on a new standard or an update.
- If you are a TAPPI member, you’re keenly aware of the value of participation. In your day-to-day interactions within the industry, you can be an ambassador for TAPPI by encouraging non-members to join and get involved.
Interested in filling any of these roles? Email [email protected]